Are you looking for a Central AC service in Clinton?
RepairsCrew has got you covered. We provide 24/7 repair and installation services, so we can always be there when you need us. Our local partners also offer upkeep services to keep your AC running smoothly all year long. We're here to help you get the most out of your AC, so don't hesitate to call us today.
Included & Excluded
Why Choose RepairsCrew for Your Central Air Conditioning?
In the heat of summer, a broken air conditioner can be a major inconvenience. Not only is it uncomfortable to be in a hot, stuffy room, but a malfunctioning AC unit can also lead to costly energy bills. If your AC unit is on the fritz, you may be tempted to try to fix it yourself. However, unless you have expertise in AC repair, it's best to leave it to the experts. At RepairsCrew, we carefully curated a list of local companies that specialize in AC repair, so you can easily compare quotes and find a company that suits your needs. Plus, our team of experts is always on hand to answer any questions you may have about AC repair. So why wait? Contact RepairsCrew today and let us help you find the best AC repair company in your area.
Clinton Central AC Repair & Replacement Services at the Best Price
You can get your AC installed, repaired, or maintained with RepairsCrew in your city. You get AC repairs with a detailed estimate of what the repairs will cost with our team of local experts. Upkeeps are essential to keep your AC running efficiently and to prevent future breakdowns. Our team can also tune up your AC unit to ensure it is running at peak performance. We offer competitive prices for our services, and we are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Our Central AC Installation & Repair Services in Clinton, IA
Homeowners need to assess their needs and choose the best option for their residences. The various kinds of Central AC units are window, split, ductless, and packages. Window units are placed in a window and can cool one room at a time. Split units have an outdoor compressor and indoor evaporator coil connected by refrigerant tubing. Ductless units have an outdoor compressor and indoor air handler connected by refrigerant tubing and electrical wiring, but they don't require ductwork. Packaged units are all-in-one heating and cooling units that come in either gas/electric or all-electric models. Gas/electric models are typically used for larger homes, while all-electric models are used for smaller homes. All central AC units have a condenser, evaporator coil, and blower motor. The condenser is situated outside the house and releases heat from the refrigerant to the outdoors. The evaporator coil is set inside the home and absorbs heat from the indoor air. The blower motor circulates the cooled or heated air throughout the home via ductwork. Homeowners must carefully consider their needs before choosing a central AC unit, as each type has its own benefits and constraints.
Central air conditioners are responsible for cooling millions of homes across the country, but they are not indestructible. Like any other appliance, central ACs can experience a variety of issues that can impact their performance. Here are seven of the common problems that occur with central air conditioners:
- Clogged Filters: Clogged filters are the most common issue with central AC. The dirt and dust in the air can build up on the filter, restricting airflow and causing the unit to work harder than necessary. Regularly changing or cleaning the filter can help to prevent this problem.
- Refrigerant Leak: Another common issue is a refrigerant leak. Refrigerant is what aids in cooling the air, so if there is a leak, it can impact the performance of the unit. A refrigerant leak can also be dangerous, so it must be repaired as soon as possible.
- Frozen Coil: Another potential issue is a frozen coil. This can happen if the airflow is restricted or if the temperature outside is very cold. A frozen coil can cause the unit to stop working altogether, so it is vital to defrosting it as soon as possible.
- Blown Fuses: Central AC units use a lot of power, so blown fuses are not uncommon. If a fuse blows, it will need to be replaced before the unit will start working again.
- Thermostat Issues: Incorrect thermostat settings are another common issue that can impact AC performance.
- Tripping Circuits: Central AC units also sometimes trip circuits when they turn on. This usually happens because the unit is drawing too much power. If this happens frequently, upgrading the electrical service to accommodate the AC unit may be necessary.
- Water Leak from Unit: Finally, central ACs sometimes leak water from the unit itself. This usually happens when condensation builds up on the coils and then drips onto the floor or ground below.
Like any other device in your residence, your central air conditioner unit will require regular maintenance to function at its best. AC repair is not a DIY project because of the many risks and dangers involved. Here are five reasons why regular upkeep is important:
- To prevent breakdowns: Regular maintenance will help to keep your AC unit running smoothly and prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- To improve efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit will be more energy-efficient, saving you money on utility bills.
- To extend the lifespan: With proper care, your AC unit will last longer before needing to be replaced.
- To improve indoor air quality: Regular maintenance can help remove dust and dirt from the unit, improving the air quality in your house.
- To avoid safety hazards: AC units contain harmful chemicals and electrical components that can be dangerous if not handled properly.
That's why it's crucial to leave repairs and maintenance to the professionals.