Are you looking for a Central AC service in Burbank?
RepairsCrew's local technicians provide central AC services 24/7 in Illinois, including emergency repairs, tune-ups, and replacement parts. We understand that a broken AC unit can cause a lot of discomforts, so we offer same-day service to get your system up and running as soon as possible. In addition to repairs, we also offer annual maintenance packages to keep your unit in top condition and help prevent future breakdowns. And if you ever need a replacement part, our team can source high-quality components and install them quickly and efficiently. So whether you need a one-time repair or ongoing maintenance, RepairsCrew is here to help.
Included & Excluded
Why Choose RepairsCrew for Your Central Air Conditioning?
Hiring an HVAC specialist can be daunting, particularly if you're unsure where to start looking. RepairsCrew can help take the guesswork out of finding a technician. We have a network of local partners who are experienced in AC repair and maintenance. When you submit a request for a quote, we'll connect you with multiple specialists in your area. You can compare their rates and reviews to find the right fit for your needs. So whether you need a one-time repair or ongoing maintenance, RepairsCrew is here to help.
Burbank Central AC Repair & Replacement Services at the Best Price
RepairsCrew is an AC repair service that connects you straight with local specialists. We know that when your AC unit goes out, you want it fixed as soon as possible. That's why we have a network of AC specialists who are available 24/7 to provide their services. And because we work with a variety of AC specialists, we're able to offer quite competitive rates. So if you need repairs, RepairsCrew is a good place to turn. We'll connect you with a local specialist who will run your AC unit in no time.
Our Central AC Installation & Repair Services in Burbank, IL
Homeowners have a variety of options when it comes to central air conditioning units. These include traditional split systems, ductless mini-splits, geothermal systems, and packaged units. Each type has its own benefits and disadvantages that should be considered before making a decision.
- Split systems are the most common type of central AC unit and consist of an outdoor compressor unit paired with one or more indoor air handlers. They offer efficient cooling and can easily be integrated into existing ductwork. One drawback is that they require regular upkeep to keep them running smoothly.
- Ductless mini-splits are a good solution for homes without existing ductwork or for adding AC to specific rooms. They also offer efficient cooling and can be easily installed without major construction work, but they can be more expensive to install than traditional split systems due to the need for multiple indoor units.
- Geothermal systems use underground pipes filled with a water-based solution to transfer heat from home in summer and bring warmth in winter, offering both heating and cooling in one system. This makes them very energy efficient, but they can be expensive to install due to the complex network of underground pipes required.
- Packaged units combine both the compressor and air handler in one outdoor unit, making them a good option for homes without room for indoor equipment or in climates where the unit will not be exposed to extreme temperatures. However, they tend to have lower efficiency ratings than other types of central AC units and may not be able to cool multiple areas of the home at once.
Each type of central AC unit has its own benefits and drawbacks that should be carefully considered before making a judgment on which system is best for a particular home and climate.
Some of the issues that can occur with central AC systems are :
- Frozen coils: When air is unable to flow freely through the coils, it can cause them to freeze over. This can be due to a clogged filter or low refrigerant levels. Signs of this issue include limited airflow and uneven cooling in the home.
- Dirty coils: Dust and dirt buildup on the coils can prevent them from functioning properly and efficiently. Regular cleaning and maintenance can prevent this issue. Signs include reduced cooling capabilities and increased energy usage.
- Compressor failure: The compressor is responsible for circulating refrigerant through the AC unit, so a malfunction in this component can greatly affect its performance. This issue can be caused by faulty wiring or improper installation. Signs include strange noises coming from the unit and warm air instead of cool air being released.
- Refrigerant leak: Refrigerant is essential for an AC unit to function properly, so any leaks should be addressed immediately. These leaks can be caused by damaged pipes or improper installation. Signs include reduced cooling capabilities and excessive moisture around the AC unit.
- Clogged filters: A clogged filter can restrict airflow and cause issues such as frozen or dirty coils. Replacing filters regularly as part of routine maintenance can prevent this problem. Signs include reduced airflow and strange smells coming from the AC unit.
- Broken thermostat: The thermostat is responsible for controlling the temperature in the home, so a malfunctioning one can lead to discomfort and inefficient energy usage. This issue can be due to faulty wiring or worn-out components. Signs include inconsistent temperatures in the home and unusual readings on the thermostat display.
- Electrical issues: Wiring problems within the AC unit can cause it to malfunction or even become a safety hazard. This issue could be caused by wear and tear over time or improper installation techniques. Signs include strange smells or sounds coming from the AC unit, flickering lights, and tripped circuit breakers.
First of all, DIY repairs for AC units can be dangerous because they require specialized knowledge and equipment. Attempting to fix an AC unit without proper tools can lead to electric shock or other injuries.
Additionally, improper repairs can cause further damage to the unit and potentially void the manufacturer's warranty. It is always best to employ a professional for AC repairs.
As for preventative maintenance, here are five reasons why it is necessary:
- Regular maintenance helps improve energy efficiency, leading to lower utility bills.
- Proper maintenance can extend the lifespan of the AC unit.
- It helps prevent unexpected breakdowns and costly emergency repairs.
- Regular maintenance can improve indoor air quality by keeping the system clean and properly functioning.
- It helps ensure the safety of the unit, as any potential hazards or issues can be addressed during a maintenance check.